Does your fashion compass vanish in winter? Mine does – and something tells me I’m not alone! But no more textureless gray and blacks! For February’s “Eco Look” I’m breaking all the rules. Let’s anticipate spring with a seventies-inspired look using an exclusive selection of eco, organic, vegan and ethical clothes, and accessories. What I like best about this look is that each piece is perfect both for night & day!
1. Bracelets by Raven + Lily. Handmade with recycled silver, copper, and brass beads (melted down from bullet casings). Empowering women with HIV living near the Entoto Mountain in Ethiopia.
2. Coat by Vaute Couture – the Belden in V/Velveteen-Lilac . This coat is very flexible, it doesn’t need a scarf and it can also be opened up for that classic trench look. It’s made from recycled fibers, with a windproof liner to cut out all the chill. And with a color like that, everyone will love you a bit more!
3. Tights by Wear Pact. The Women’s Autumn Orchid Arrow Tights are made of 69% organic cotton, so there’s no pesticides, fertilizers or bleaches. Plus with every purchase, you help PACT lend a hand to low-income entrepreneurs who want to start their own small businesses. (The tights are in Radiant Orchid – Pantone Color of the Year 2014).
4. Bag by Freedom of Animals. Melia is the perfect bag for a day-to-night look with detachable shoulder strap. It’s made of post consumer, cruelty-free and eco faux leather and it’s vegetable dyed with an organic cotton lining.
5. Dress by Beautiful Soul. The label is committed to a conscious approach to fabric sourcing, environmental impact and local, UK-based production which supports the regeneration of UK manufacturing and textiles. The dress is sold also on Shop Ethica.
6. Hat by Mich Dulce sold by Yoox. It’s made of 100% T’nalak, a handmade natural fiber made by the women of the T’Boli Peoples of Lake Sebu, Philippines.
Did you like February’s Eco Look? Tell me which of these pieces you love the most & why.
Feel free also to check my other monthly Eco Looks here and here and if you don’t want to miss on my monthly fashion updates sign up for my free newsletter here.
Make sure you don’t miss next week’s Eco Makeup Look that will compliment the items from this post!