Don’t believe that a juice fast makes you weak. On day 20 of a total juice detox, I went hiking up the Schmittenhöhe Mountains in Austria. This was an amazing experience. The scenery was simply breathtaking. I felt on top of the world and – at 2,000m of height – I actually was.
The multitude of colors are unbelievable, varying from fiery rusty fall colors to the deep blue of the skies and all the shades of green that you can possibly imagine – simply superb. Also, the beautiful view from above of the sleepy town of Zell Am See was priceless.
One interesting thing I noticed while visiting various natural sites around Austria is how well-organized they are. Many sites favor eco-tourism by providing awesome infrastructures to green voyagers and locals, thereby allowing them to take full advantage of nature and their surroundings.
5% of the power needed for cable car and lift facilities is covered by photovoltaic energy.
This time around I chose to go hiking using the Sisi Rundwanderweg panoramic trail. (For more hiking panoramic trails click here).
• Wear good walking shoes.
• Don’t be deceived by the fresh mountain air. If you don’t wear sun protection, you’ll get burned.
• Bring water (and drink it). It’s important to stay hydrated while hiking around.
• Dress in layers.
• Wear sunglasses. They serve as a protection from the sun and from the bright glaring of the snow.
• Bring your own healthy snack. There are plenty of great places to sit down and eat while admiring the beautiful scenery.
• Before taking the cable car* back down, get a glass of herbal tea from the restaurant.
• Get the “Zell am See-Kaprun Summer Card“. With this card many sites allow you to go in for free.
Have you ever visited any mountains in summer? If yes, what’s one word that would best describe their beauty? Let me know what you think by leaving a comment below!
BTW: If you like nature photography, join me on my Instagram feed (click here) for daily pictures.