For last month’s “Eco Look” series (click here to see) I posted a look inspired by the adventurous, eco-conscious woman living in the city.
With the “Eco Look” monthly series, I always want to showcase companies from all over the world that are eco, fair- trade, ethical, vegan and organic and give you creative options to find the perfect garment to compliment your beauty – and that of the Earth!
To honor Earth Day (which is celebrated on April 22nd), this month I was inspired to create a double look with the beautiful colors of the Earth: blue and green. In contrast with the ethereal hues of blues and greens, I decided to pair the dress for both looks with a subtle grey colored top. This helps to accentuate the accessories in the look.
Tip: When styling a look, it’s important that you don’t pair it and accessorize it with only bold pieces and colors. I usually like to create a flow of strong and soft.
Here are 2 options to pair the same dress with different accessories and clothes (but you can also mix & match as you wish!):
Dress Up – perfect for an elegant evening out, for a wedding or a sophisticated office look.
Dress Down – ideal for meeting your girlfriends, a first date or touring the city.
Dress by YOJ. All the materials used to make this garment are produced with respect to nature and to people by using organic fibers and natural dyes. Sold by www.fashionyoj.com
2. Sash Samba Belt. Vegan faux leather. Sold by www.Modcloth.com
3. Jessica platform pump. Navy vegan calfskin from 100% quality manmade materials (completely vegan). Sold by www.coral8.com
4. Daniella Clutch. Hand made in Bahia, Brazil using locally sourced leather and upcycled aluminium ringpulls. Sold by www.Bottletop.org
1. Beige sweater. 100% Merino wool woven and knitted in fair trade cooperatives by bibico. Sold by www.wear-aware.com.
2. Heather (Pastel). 100% Italian vegetable tanned leather. The leather is exclusively a by-product of the food industry. Sold by www.BraveLeather.com.
3. Gisele. Recycled and eco-friendly shoes. Sold by www.Oka-B.com
4. Amazona Enamel Green. Hand made in Bahia, Brazil using locally sourced leather and upcycled aluminium ringpulls. Sold by www.Bottletop.org